Treasures of the Island
All the Sicilian sites included in the World’s Heritage list by Unesco in one tour
- Day #1 – Arrival in Palermo and check-in at hotel. In the afternoon visit of the International Museum of Puppets “Pasqualino”. Then, show of Opera dei Pupi. Return to the hotel and overnight.
- Day #2 – Full day dedicated to the Arab-Norman heritage. In Palermo the Royal Palace with Palatine Chapel, the Cathedral, Martorana Church. In the afternoon visit of Monreale with its Duomo and the Cloister. In the evening return to the hotel and overnight.
- Day #3 – Check-out from the hotel and departure to Agrigento. Visit of the rich Archaeological Museum. Afternoon dedicated to the discovery of the impressive Valley of Temples, dominated by the perfectly preserved Temple of Concordia. In the evening arrival at the hotel in the area of Agrigento and overnight.
- Day #4 – Check-out from the hotel and departure to Piazza Armerina to visit the majestic Roman Villa del Casale. Brief stop in Morgantina to visit the panoramic archaeological site and the archaeological Museum of Aidone where the marvellous Venus is displayed. In the evening transfer to the hotel in Syracuse and overnight.
- Day #5 – Morning dedicated to the most important city of Magna Graecia, Syracuse with its Archaeological Park of Neapolis and Paolo Orsi Museum. In the afternoon deepening of Ortigia, island linked to the mainland by three bridges, the ancient city. Late afternoon excursion to Noto to admire the world “capital” of late-Baroque. In the evening return to the hotel and overnight.
- Day #6 – Full day dedicated to the “Late-Baroque Cities of Val di Noto”. Departure to Donnafugata castle to admire the rich interiors and its curious garden. Continuation to Ragusa to visit the old city of Ibla. Free lunch. In the afternoon visit of Modica with its gorgeous late-baroque buildings. In the evening return to the hotel and overnight.
- Day #7 – Check-out from hotel and departure to Etna, excursion to Sapienza Refuge at 2.000 mts a.s.l. Time at leisure for individual visits and free lunch. In the afternoon continuation to Taormina to admire the old city and the Ancient Theatre. In the evening transfer to hotel in Taormina and overnight.
- Day #8 – Early morning transfer to Milazzo to board on a motorship to Aeolian Islands. Arrival in Lipari and visit of the old city. Time at leisure for individual visits and free lunch. Later, circumnavigation of Lipari, passage by Faraglioni and stop in Vulcano island, famous for its sulphur muds and the Black Sands beach; in the evening return to Milazzo and then to the hotel in Taormina and overnight.
- Day #9 – Check-out from the hotel and transfer to Catania Airport . End of our services.