Sicily, land of Myth – Archaeological tour of Punic, Greek, Roman and Medieval heritage
- Day #1 – Arrival at Palermo Airport. Transfer to hotel and overnight.
- Day #2 – Full day of visits dedicated to Palermo. Start with the Punic Necropolis and then the old city with its Arab-Norman heritage: the Cathedral, the Royal Palace with Palatine Chapel, Martorana Church. Ample emphasis to the great “Archaeological Museum Salinas”. In the evening back to the Hotel and overnight.
- Day #3 – Check-out from the Hotel and transfer to Segesta to admire the majestic Doric Temple and the 2nd century Theater. Proceed to Mothia, the islet in the Stagnone Lagoon where Punics settled in the 8th century which hosts the rich Museum “Whitaker”. Brief stop at Baglio Anselmi Museum in Marsala where the remains of a recently found Punic ship are on display. Overnight in the area.
- Day #4 – Check-out from the Hotel and transfer to Mazara del Vallo for a short visit to the Dancing Satyr, a bronze wonder recently found in the waters of Sicilian Channel. Proceed to Selinunte, the largest Archaeological Park in the whole Magna Graecia. Full visit of the site, including the Acropolis and the Eastern Hill. In the afternoon passage by Cave di Cusa where to see how the Greeks quarried stones for the temples. Evening arrival at Hotel in Agrigento and overnight.
- Day #5 – Full day of visits in Agrigento: the worldwide famous site of the Valley of the Temples including Concordia, Juno and Hercules with the amazing Archaeological Museum. Overnight in Agrigento.
- Day #6 – Check-out from the Hotel and transfer inland to Piazza Armerina to admire the amazing mosaics of the roman Villa del Casale. In the afternoon visit of Morgantina site and the Museum of Aidone boasting the Goddess, a marble statue recently back to Sicily after having being stolen and displayed at Getti Museum in USA. Evening arrival at Hotel in Syracuse and overnight
- Day #7 – Full day of visits in Syracuse: the Archaeological Park of Neapolis, including still in use Greek Theater, Roman Amphitheater and Dionysius Ear. Later the Archaeological Museum and the old city of Ortigia, with the Cathedral once temple of Athena and the Arethusa Spring. In the evening back to the hotel and overnight.
- Day #8 – Check-out from the hotel and transfer to Catania to see the remains of the Greek Theater and the Roman Amphitheater. In afternoon proceed to Taormina, visit of the Ancient Theater and the old city. Overnight in the area.
- Day #9 – Check-out from the hotel and transfer to Catania Airport. End of our services.