Natural landscapes and cultural heritage
- Day #1 – Arrival in Palermo, check-in at Hotel and overnight
- Day #2 – Full day of visits dedicated to Palermo. Start with the old city with its Arab-Norman heritage: the Cathedral, the Royal Palace with Palatine Chapel, Martorana Church. In the afternoon the lush Botanical Gardens, then a nice drive to Mount Pellegrino with an amazing view over the city and the charming seaside resort of Mondello . In the evening back to the Hotel and overnight.
- Day #3 – Full day excursion to Madonie Mountains area. First stop will be Castelbuono, where to enjoy a visit to a Manna farm and the old city with its Castle. In the afternoon proceed to Cefalù, a charming seaside resort but also a medieval village with a majestic Norman Cathedral. In the evening back to the Hotel and overnight.
- Day #4 – Check-out from the Hotel and transfer to Zingaro natural reserve, above the Gulf of Castellammare, boasting a superb example of Mediterranean scrub. Brief stop at the delicious Baglio of Scopello. In the afternoon move to Erice, perfectly preserved medieval village overlooking the whole western Sicily. Overnight in the area.
- Day #5 – Check-out from the Hotel and proceed along the salt road to the Marsala Saltpans where to see the still alive sea salt processing in the Stagnone Lagoon. Brief trip by boat to the island of Mothia, once Punic settlement. Visit also the historic Florio winery in Marsala where to taste the famous dessert wine. Evening arrival in Agrigento and overnight.
- Day #6 – In the morning move to Realmonte to enjoy the incredible landscape of Scala dei Turchi cliff. In the afternoon back to Agrigento and visit the immortal Valley of the Temples. Overnight in Agrigento.
- Day #7 – Check-out from the Hotel and move to the Hyblean plateau where to visit the late-Baroque cities of Ragusa Ibla and Modica together with the curious Donnafugata Castle. Chance to taste local delicacies like cheese and chocolate. Overnight in the area.
- Day #8 – Check-out from the Hotel and after brief passages by the suggestive Cava d’Ispica and Marzamemi fishing village, stop in Vendicari natural reserve where to admire migrating flamingoes and the remains of an old Tonnara. Evening arrival at Hotel in Syracuse and overnight.
- Day #9 – Full day of visits in Syracuse. Visit the Archaeological Park of Neapolis and the old city of Ortigia, with the great Cathedral and the Arethusa Spring. Afternoon dedicated to a boat trip along the Cyane river to see the Papyrus plants. In the evening back to the hotel and overnight.
- Day #10 – Check-out from the Hotel and entire day dedicated to Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. Reach the 2000 mts a.s.l. and time at leisure to enoy the special atmosphere and breathtaking views. Stop at a local winery to taste excellent wine coming from volcanic soils. Evening arrival at Hotel in Taormina and overnight.