Believe in our Craft
Sicilian Heritage and Material Culture
- Day #1 – Arrival in Palermo and check-in at hotel. In the afternoon visit of the International Museum of Puppets “Pasqualino”, then “Opera dei Pupi” show. Return to the hotel and overnight
- Day #2 – Full day of visits dedicated to Palermo and Monreale. Start with the ancient market of Capo with its mesmerizing combination of colors and then the old city with its Arab-Norman heritage: the Cathedral, the Royal Palace with Palatine Chapel, Martorana Church. In Monreale visit of the Cathedral, the Cloister and brief passage by the workshops of Mosaics. In the evening back to the Hotel and overnight.
- Day #3 – Full day excursion to Castelbuono, gateway to the Madonie Mountain Park where to enjoy a visit to a Manna farm and the old city with its Castle. In the afternoon proceed to Cefalù, a charming seaside resort but also a medieval village with a majestic Norman Cathedral. In the evening back to the Hotel and overnight.
- Day #4 – Check-out from the Hotel and transfer to Erice, a unique and perfectly preserved medieval village overlooking the whole western Sicily. Proceed along the salt road to the “Ettore Infersa” Saltpans where to see the still alive sea salt processing in the Stagnone Lagoon. Visit also the historic Florio winery in Marsala where to taste the famous dessert wine. Overnight in the area.
- Day #5 – Check-out from the Hotel and transfer to Belice area for a visit to an Olive farm to see the processing of olive oil, one of the most important Sicilian products. In the afternoon move to Agrigento and visit the immortal Valley of the Temples. Overnight in the area.
- Day #6 – Check-out from the Hotel and transfer inland to Caltagirone to visit the Sicilian capital of Ceramics. Time at leisure to stroll around the workshops of the old city. Move to Ragusa Ibla, visit of the fascinating late-Baroque city and overnight in the area.
- Day #7 – Full day of visits in the late-Baroque district: tha Castle of Donnafugata, the towns of Scicli and Modica with the chance to taste the traditional local products such as cheese and chocolate. Overnight in the area.
- Day #8 – Check-out from the Hotel and after a brief passage by late-Baroque Noto, proceed to Syracuse. Visit the Archaeological Park of Neapolis and the old city of Ortigia, with the great Cathedral and the Arethusa Spring. In the evening arrival at hotel and overnight.
- Day #9 – Full day excursion to Etna and Taormina. Reach the 2000 mts a.s.l. and time at leisure to enoy the special atmosphere and the breathtaking views. In afternoon proceed to the Mediterranean pearl of tourism of Taormina, visit of the Ancient Theater and the old city. In the evening back to Hotel in Syracuse and overnight.
- Day #10 – Check-out from the Hotel and transfer to Catania Airport. End of our services.